High School Equivalency Class Eligibility
In order to be eligible for LifeWorks High School Equivalency preparation classes you must satisfy all of the following requirements:
- Youth ages 16-26, up to their 27th birthday (16-year-olds must be on formal probation, in CPS custody, or within 4 months of turning 17).
- Income may not exceed 200% of Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Client must read at a 6th grade level, at minimum.
- Be between 18 – 26 years old and not enrolled in an accredited high school OR
- If age 17, you must have a high school withdrawal form and parent/guardian consent to test
- Must be able to obtain the required identification within one month prior to their Instructor Appointment
- Have a government (national or foreign) issued photo ID, such as one of the following: state driver license, Department of Public Safety identification card, military ID, passport, U.S. passport card, or matrícula consular. School ID cards will NOT be accepted.
- Provide proof of residency in Austin, Texas, which could be a Texas driver license, utility bill showing a Texas address, or a bank statement showing a Texas address
- Provide proof of household income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty line by bringing proof of monthly household income (paystubs, certification of unemployment)
*All required Identification must be obtained within one (1) month after Orientation. You cannot see an Intake Specialist until you have the required identification.